Retirement seems like it’s so far away but before you know it, while you’re out there living your life it is approaching fast. As Australians are now living longer and more active lives, it is vital that you have made adequate provisions for your retirement to ensure that your finances don’t suffer later on in life.
Your TOPS adviser will look at the bigger picture as far as your retirement is concerned and will create a tailor-made financial plan that is designed to help you reap the benefits of the retirement lifestyle that you’ve worked so hard to achieve. Your plan will include all areas of your financial lifestyle including estate planning so you can be sure that adequate provisions have been made for your family.
Our retirement planning strategies help you explore, depending on your individual situation and include:
- Salary sacrifice – setting up a salary sacrifice strategy can help you take your salary as a benefit of some kind, allowing you to avoid tax on this amount.
- Contribution splitting – your partner or spouse earns a lower income or is not working, this strategy offers a range of benefits to balance out salaries for strategic financial planning.
- Self-managed super – if you’re interested in having a wide range of investment options and managing your own Super, we can help set up an SMSF and administrate the account on your behalf.
- Retirement income streams – if you’re looking to maintain your lifestyle in retirement you’ll want to set up some income streams to help you maintain your current state of living. TOPS can assist and suggest a range of income streams for retirees so you can live well in retirement.
- Wills and estate planning – estate planning allows you to plan and manage your affairs while you are alive. By formalising your wishes for your estate, you can ensure your family is aware of how you would like your estate to be managed and that your wishes are carried out as per your request.